About CT Microbiome Initiative
Here’s your portal to the extensive microbiome capabilities of Connecticut institutions – the people and facilities you need to enable and accelerate success in microbiome research.
Connecticut has what microbiome start-ups need:
- Mentorship and guidance from scientific experts
- Genomics: sample preparation; DNA sequencing facility
- Computational Sciences: Staff for analysis, statistics, bioinformatics
- Microbiology facility for isolation of organisms
- Biorepository to store clinical samples
- Administrative support: biosafety; human subject research processes & oversight; legal; financial; HR
The Connecticut Microbiome Initiative (CMI) promotes development of a robust microbiome business sector in Connecticut through improving awareness of the state’s resources and expertise in this burgeoning field, outreach to companies developing microbiome-based products and services, and coordination with the state’s economic development resources.
- Mark Adams – JAX Genomic Medicine
- Mostafa Analoui – UCONN
- Joerg Graf – UCONN
- Jon Soderstrom – Yale
- Amanda Hayward – CT Innovations